A2–B10:40
I sat in the meeting with a knot in my stomach.
我坐在会议室里,心里像打了个结。
Everyone seemed to understand the new system.
大家好像都懂这个新系统。
But I did not get it.
但我没有懂。
My hand wanted to go up, but it stayed down.
我想举手,可手就是抬不起来。
What if my question sounded stupid?
万一我的问题很傻怎么办?
Then I remembered: not asking is a bigger mistake.
但我记起:不问才是更大的错误。
So I raised my hand, and my voice shook a little.
于是我举起手,声音有点发抖。
"Can you explain that part again?" I asked.
“能再解释一下那部分吗?”我问。
The room went quiet for a second.
房间里静了一秒。
Then my boss smiled and said "Of course."
然后老板笑了,说“当然可以。”
After the meeting, two colleagues thanked me.
会后,有两个同事感谢我。
They had the same question.
他们也有同样的问题。
The Courage to Ask a Question
by @xiaoyu_69