Spikdi
B10:35
B10:35
I sat with my new teammate yesterday.
昨天我和新同事坐在一起。
She needed to understand our search tool.
她需要了解我们的搜索工具。
The easiest way to think about it is like a filter.
最简单的理解方式就是把它当成一个过滤器。
So when a user types a keyword, the tool finds matches.
所以当用户输入关键词时,工具会找到匹配项。
I showed her the settings page first.
我先给她看了设置页面。
Then I clicked "run" on a sample query.
然后我对一个示例查询点击了“运行”。
She asked why results were slow sometimes.
她问为什么结果有时很慢。
I explained the database size affects speed.
我解释说数据库大小会影响速度。
We also talked about common errors.
我们还讨论了常见错误。
She took notes and asked good questions.
她做了笔记,问了好问题。
By the end, she felt more confident.
最后,她感到更有信心了。
I think clear examples made the difference.
我认为清晰的例子起了作用。
Walking a new teammate through a feature
by @xiuying74