Spikdi
B10:39
B10:39
A client asked for a new feature last week.
上周客户要求一个新功能。
I knew we couldn't deliver it on time.
我知道我们无法按时交付。
I said, 'I love the thinking behind this.'
我说:‘我喜欢这个想法。’
That showed I valued their idea.
这表明我重视他们的想法。
Then I explained, 'Right now our focus is on stability.'
然后我解释:‘我们现在的重点是稳定性。’
I told them honestly why we made a mistake earlier.
我诚实告诉他们我们之前犯的一个错误。
I said we had overpromised before.
我说我们之前承诺过多。
So now we want to be careful.
所以现在我们要小心。
I asked, 'Can we revisit it next quarter?'
我问:‘我们下个季度再讨论好吗?’
They appreciated my honesty.
他们欣赏我的诚实。
The relationship stayed warm.
关系保持温暖。
I felt sad but relieved.
我感到难过但也轻松。
欣怡
Saying No to a Feature Request – A Warm Refusal
by @xinyi_52