Spikdi
B10:39
B10:39
I remember standing in line at a coffee shop.
我记得排在咖啡店的队伍里。
My heart was beating fast, but I wanted to try.
我的心跳得很快,但我想试试。
The man in front of me dropped his wallet.
前面的男人掉了钱包。
I picked it up and said, 'Excuse me, sir.'
我捡起来说:“先生,打扰一下。”
He turned around and smiled.
他转过身来笑了。
I didn't plan the words, they just came out.
我没计划那些词,它们就出来了。
He said 'Thank you' in a warm voice.
他用温暖的声音说了“谢谢”。
That short talk felt like a big win.
那次简短的对话像一次大胜利。
I realized I could connect with someone new.
我意识到我能和新的人交流。
After that, I felt braver to try again.
之后,我更勇敢地去再试一次。
It was a small step, but it changed me.
那是一小步,但它改变了我。
Now I look for chances to speak English.
现在我寻找说英语的机会。
The First Time I Spoke English to a Stranger
by @tianyu89